Author: Mark Dunhill
The Association is delighted to announce that it has teamed up with Paradox, Fine Art European Forum, to host a symposium that will follow the AGM on Thursday 13th in the afternoon. Paradox will be running some parallel focus group sessions on Friday 14th that you may be interested to attend.
AGM - Agenda: 11.00am
- Minutes of last Meeting
- Matters Arising
- 1. Chair's Report Mark Dunhill - Central Saint Martins.
- 2. Secretary's Report: Helen Baker NU
- 3. Treasurer's Report: John Devane, Univ. Coventry
- 4. Journal Visual Art Practice update by Chris Smith London Met. Univ.
- 5. Introduction of members to new NAFAE web site
- 5.1. Response of members
- (a) Any issues relating to its function
- (b) Potential future use and possible changes that need to be flagged up now.
Delegates will be provided with information regarding local places to eat.
Symposium : 2.00 - 4.30pm
In this session, shared with Paradox, Fine Art European Forum, European perspectives on Fine Art Higher Education will be considered. The session will include a presentation on key issues for Fine Art Higher Education, implications and opportunities in relation to 2010 and the implementation of Bologna. Guest speakers will present and draw out key themes such as- Professional Practice and Work Based Learning for Fine Art; European collaborations and joint programmes.
European Networking Session: 5.00pm
Drinks and networking opportunity with delegates from a range of European Institutions.
Paradox Focus Group sessions - Friday 14th March
Focus Sessions: 10.30 am - 1.00pm
The Paradox Focus group sessions will explore the themes outlined on Thursday afternoon in greater depth. The intention is to develop a 'toolkit' for each theme to be available on the Paradox website to support course directors and tutors. Workshop places will be limited and participation is based on invitation and/or application where experience and expertise in the workshop theme is a requirement. The intention is to achieve a good representation from across Europe at the Symposium.
- Lars Elliot and John Butler will deliver a paper regarding the Bologna process.
- Susanne Jones from A-N Magazine will give a paper regarding artistic professional practice.
Please visit Paradox: The European Fine Art Forum